Sunday, April 15, 2007

ANTI-ANTI-OXIDENT

i'm a fan of vitamin water. its tasty, refreshing and full of vitamins and minerals, and as we all know, vitamins and minerals are delicious.

today, while running around, i stopped at a convenience store and purchased a flavor i had never seen before. its called XXX. acai, blueberry and pomegranate. the three x's refer to the triple antioxidant power contained within.

this and the general public's recent raving over antioxidants made me think of free radicals since these are what antioxidants are removing from our bodies.

free radical doesn't sound bad to me. freedom is great and radical is, obviously, radical. its so radical, in fact, i named my pet mouse Rad when i was 9 years old. on a similar note, antioxidants are supposed to be good for us, but its anti oxidants. against oxidants. that sounds a lot like oxygen to me and i've been under the impression that oxygen is something sort of important for my much appreciated respiratory system. so oxidants sound good to me, too. why do i want anti-oxidants? and if they changed the name to something more accurate, like anti-radical or anti-free, i'd be even more confused. i'm anti-anti-oxidant. give me a heaping bowl of oxidants and i'll be the most radical dude in the free world.

No comments: